the FCA Customer First Award for Excellence!
"We are extremely impressed with the accomplishments these 124 dealerships have been able to achieve in a short amount of time," said Al Gardner, Head of Network Development, FCA - North America. "We gave our dealer body the challenge to join us in focusing on increasing our customer satisfaction, loyalty and service retention and through the core pillars of this initiative; these dealers have shown that it's achievable. These dealerships will be able to proudly differentiate themselves as elite stores by being winners of the inaugural Customer First Award for Excellence."
The Customer First Award for Excellence initiative was rolled out to dealerships in October 2015. Dealers participated in cross-country workshops where they learned of award requirements and dealership best practices. Some have worked with independently contracted Customer Experience Specialists in order to seek the highest levels of process and procedure improvements to ensure an increase in customer satisfaction.
All 2,626 FCA US dealerships were eligible to pursue and earn the inaugural award certification. Dealers must achieve goals in five core "pillars" to earn the Customer First Award for Excellence designation; facility, customer processes, performance, employee survey and training certification.
Since program rollout, national Sales Advocacy scores, Fixed First Visit scores and Service Advocacy scores have all risen to the highest in our history. All of the tools and goals within the program are designed to focus on building a relationship with the customers.
Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA - Global, Pietro Gorlier explains, "The Customer First program has enabled our dealer's focus to be drawn to the customer experience. The program sheds light on customer touch points throughout the service experience at the dealerships and enables dealers to exceed our customers' expectations."
All 2,600 FCA US dealerships were eligible to pursue and earn the inaugural award certification. Dealers must achieve goals in five core "pillars" to earn the Customer First Award for Excellence designation:
- Facility - Customers consistently find dealerships to be clean, convenient and comfortable. Facilities are certified every six months
- Customer Processes - Dealer consistently executes processes for key customer interaction points, such as sales negotiation, delivery and follow up
- Performance - Dealer achieves required high level of satisfaction in customer sales and service satisfaction surveys
- Employee Survey - Survey employees annually, share findings with employees, and act on the feedback and results
- Training Certification - Dealership personnel meet minimum training requirements for sales, service, parts and technical staff